Bea Field Alumni House

6319 Willow Street was built in 1941 and acquired by the university on November 10, 1951. It was dedicated during Homecoming 1952. The Alumni House was formerly the home of Mr. and Mrs. William Howland (Mrs. Howland, B.A. 1921). Charles Roberts was the architect and Mr. C. Bott the contractor. The colonial, red brick house has two floors and an attic and houses the Office of Alumni Affairs. The Alumni Association allocated money from the Alumni Fund toward the purchase and renovation of the house. The architect for the house's addition was George Leake (B. Arch. 1941).

Flood waters damaged the house following Hurricane Katrina and it remained shuttered for six years. Renamed the Bea Field Alumni House in honor of the extraordinarily dedicated former director of alumni activities, the restored building is now even better than before.

Alumni House

Building Number: 100

Administrative and Academic Units in this Building:

Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000