Norman Mayer Memorial was constructed in 1942. Architects Diboll and Kessels designed the buildings in a Romanesque style and built it to conform to the style of the early campus buildings. The exterior is Bedford limestone on the front and sides. The rear exterior is of limestone colored brick. Mrs. Norman Mayer donated to Tulane the funds to construct a building in memory of her husband, a prominent New Orleans cotton broker, to be used by the College of Commerce and Business Administration. She gave an additional sum for the construction of a building to house the Norman Mayer Memorial Library. The second section of this building was added in 1949.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org