Choosing a Health Profession
Allied Health Program
How to Prepare
In order to make the most of your time during your advising appointment, please prepare by completing the following:
1. Be prompt for your appointment. If you cannot make your appointment, please cancel your appointment online, so that that time slot may be made available for other students.
2. Understand requirements of your health profession interest and the majors you are considering. Read course descriptions to be aware of any prerequisites and co-requisites.
3. Prepare a list of questions for you and your Pre-Health advisor to discuss.
4. Explore university resources. (CELT, Career Services, Study Abroad, Honors, etc.)
5. Be aware of drop/add deadlines and additional university requirements.
Academic calendar: http://registra r.tulane.edu/academic_calendars/academic_calendars
What to expect from your Pre-Health advisor
What your advisor expects from you
•To be thought of as an individual person with unique characteristics, talents, and abilities.
•To have knowledge of your chosen career, obtained through reading, shadowing, informational interviews, working, and volunteering.
102 Richardson Building, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5798 firstname.lastname@example.org