During the New Student Orientation sessions (held in late May & throughout the month of June), students will become familiar with the most important aspects of the TIDES Program as well as provide you with the opportunity to hear from TIDES instructors offering courses this fall & hear about different activities that some of the classes participate in.
In this section, you will find TIDES Course Descriptions and answers to frequently asked questions. We also encourage you to explore the helpful Do’s & Don’ts suggestions that will aid you when narrowing down your TIDES selection as well as subject flyers to examine TIDES courses aimed towards a particular topic or area of interest.
The dates of the 2016 orientation sessions are listed below. For more information, please visit the New Student Orientation site at http://tulane.edu/studentaffairs/orientation/index.cfm
2016 Session Dates & Fees
Please note that the sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis and will close when they reach full capacity. Check the registration site for the most up-to-date listing of open sessions.
• Session 1: Thursday, May 26 – Friday, May 27
• Session 2: Thursday, June 2 – Friday, June 3
• Session 3: Monday, June 6 – Tuesday, June 7
• Session 4: Thursday, June 9 – Friday, June 10
• Session 5: Monday, June 13 – Tuesday, June 14
• Session 6: Thursday, June 16 – Friday, June 17
• Session 7: Monday, June 20 – Tuesday, June 21
• Session 8: Thursday, June 23 – Friday, June 24
• Session 9: Sunday, June 26 – Monday, June 27 *
*As Session 9 falls over a weekend, please note that University offices will be closed Sunday and will not be available for drop-in visits or individual appointments outside of their participation in the New Student Orientation schedule. University offices will be open on Monday.
Robert C. Cudd Hall 201 • Tulane University • New Orleans, LA 70118 • (504) 865-5678 • email@example.com