Immigration Policy

Immigration Policy

Policy on Permanent Residency Sponsorship and Sponsorship Form

Frequently Asked Questions:

Am I eligible to be sponsored by Tulane University for Permanent Residency?
You must be a full time permanent employee and employed greater than 6 months. Your position must not be funded by a grant or outside sources.

I want to apply for Permanent Residency.
Your dean, director or department head must complete the Sponsorship form expressing the department's support and assistance in your application and forward to the General Counsel. You are responsible for hiring an immigration attorney to represent you and for all filing and legal fees. Your attorney is responsible for drafting and filing all documents after approval by the General Counsel.

Do you have a list of immigration attorneys?
No. The Office of the General Counsel does not recommend outside attorneys or keep a list of attorneys.

I am a medical resident, am I eligible to apply for permanent residency.
Please read the Tulane University Office of the General Counsel Immigration Policy prior to hiring an attorney to represent you in any immigration matters relating to your employment with Tulane.


300 Gibson Hall, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5783