The C & W Services Service and Leadership Scholarship strives to recognize, encourage and support current and future community service leaders that work to increase students’ sense of civic engagement and social responsibility. Award recipients will receive a nonrenewable scholarship of up to $10,000 for one full academic year. Students' financial need will be taken into consideration when determining award amounts, but financial need will not be a requirement of eligibility for the scholarships. Awards are non-renewable, and may only be awarded to a student once during their Tulane career.
To be considered eligible, applicants must complete the online application form and meet all the following criteria:
- Students must have a 2.7 cumulative GPA.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours) at Tulane University* and have successfully completed two semesters of full time course work.
- Students must demonstrate proven leadership abilities and a record of meaningful community involvement.
- Students must submit a detailed and innovative proposal for a campus/community service project.
*Note: Students planning to study abroad during scholarship period are ineligible for this opportunity.
The Scholarship Review Committee is looking for:
- Students who express a genuine passion for social change and exhibit a strong potential for progressive leadership.
- Students who exhibit attributes that strongly resonate with community service and social justice such as integrity, accountability, cooperation, resourcefulness, strategic thinker, persistence, passion, and inclusiveness.
- Students who have identified a challenge or need and clear ways to address it effectively.
- Students who have used or has the potential to use innovative strategies to create great awareness about an issue or cause and engage peers and others in their community to get involved.
- Students who have a long-term vision for the growth and sustainability of his/her service project.
- Applications are due to the Center for Public Service by April 15, 2016.
- A selection committee of public service staff, faculty, and student leaders will first assess applications and proposals to ensure that it meets the academic requirements and the selection criteria.
- Selected applicants will be notified if they are selected for an in-person interview by April 22, 2016. A final decision will be made shortly after.
- All recipients will be notified no later than July 31, 2016 of their award amount and invited to a fall program orientation.
- The Scholarship period is for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements:
Scholarship recipients will have to submit reflections and three activity reports to document their efforts throughout the year and present their experience to the greater Tulane service community by the end of the school year.