WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
- If you need to report a missing person or child, call the Tulane Police emergency line. Tulane Police Emergency Numbers are:
- Tulane National Primate Center Police emergency: 985-871-6411
- Tulane Downtown Campus Police emergency: 504-988-5555
- Tulane Uptown Campus Police emergency: 504-865-5200, or pick-up the nearest emergency blue-light phone.
- Other Campuses: Call 911
- Give the TUPD Dispatcher your name.
- Give the TUPD Dispatcher your exact location and any information you have regarding the person/child who is missing.
- Stayat your location until a TUPD officer arrives to ascertain more information and begin immediate search for the person/child.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
- TUPD will immediately dispatch officers to the scene.
- TUPD will provide information to NOPD and other agencies describing the missing person.
- TUPD will begin a search of campus and surrounding areas to attempt to locate the person or child.
- If an initial search does not result in locating the missing person/child, the Tulane emergency alert system may be activated to alert the community that a person/child is missing. Local and state police agencies may issue an “Amber Alert” to the general public as well.
⇐ back to EMERGENCY PROCEDURES