Pell Grant

General Information
The federal government awards Federal Pell Grants to undergraduate students, working toward their first bachelor's degree, based entirely on financial need. A family's Estimated Family Contribution (EFC), determined by a formula using the information reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), is used to award the student. Students may receive a Federal Pell Grant each year, provided they complete the FAFSA each year and qualify to receive one.

Federal Grant Changes
Click here to read about certain federal grant changes.

Page last modified April 26, 2012.

University Financial Aid, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5723