Janet Hughes, PhD
Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
1440 Canal Street, Suite 2001
New Orleans, LA 70112
Phone: (504) 988-5164
Fax: (504) 988-1706
Occupational diseases; environmental health; respiratory diseases; risk assessment; statistics
- Delta Omega Public Health Honor Society
- Kung/Tsai Professorship in Biostatistics, 2002 - present
- Teaching Excellence Award, SPHTM Student Government Association, 2000
- PhD, statistics, Tulane University, 1976
- MS, biostastics, Tulane University, 1973
- MA, mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, 1964
- BA, mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, 1961
Hughes JM, Weill H. Asbestosis as a necessary precursor of asbestos-related lung cancer: results of a prospective mortality study in asbestos products manufacturing. Br J Indus Med, 1991, 48:229-33.
Hughes JM, Jones RN, Glindmeyer HW, Hammad YY, Weill H. Follow-up study of man-made mineral fiber workers. Br J Ind Med 1992; 50:658-667.
McDonald JC, Rando R, Hughes JM, Weill H. Cohort mortality study of North American industrial sand workers. I. Mortality from lung cancer, silicosis and other causes. Ann Occup Hyg Ann Occup Hyg 2001; Vol 45, No 1, 193-199.
Hughes JM, Weill H, Rando R, Shi R, McDonald JC, McDonald AD. Cohort mortality study of North American industrial sand workers. II. Case-referent analysis of lung cancer and silicosis deaths. Ann Occup Hyg 2001; Vol 45, No 1, 201-207.
Weill H, Hughes JM, Churg AM. Changing trends in US mesothelioma incidence. Occup and Env Med. Accepted – to appear May, 2004.
Level of Instruction:
[ View all Biostatistics & Bioinformatics Faculty ]