Maureen Y. Lichtveld, MD, MPH
Professor and Chair
Freeport McMoRan Chair of Environmental Policy
Associate Director Population Sciences, Louisiana Cancer Research Consortium
Director GROWH Research Consortium
Director, Center for Gulf Coast Environmental Health Research, Leadership and Strategic Initiative
President, Hispanic-Serving Health Professions Schools
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Department of Global Environmental Health Sciences
1440 Canal Street, suite 2100
New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
Environmentally-induced disease including asthma and cancer, health disparities, environmental health policy, disaster preparedness, and public health systems.
- 2015 Member, Health Disparities Subcommittee, Advisory Committee to the CDC Director
- 2015 Chair, Editorial Board, American Journal of Public Health
- 2015 Member, National Academy of science-Institute of Medicine Roundtable on Environmental Health Sciences, Research, and Medicine
- 2014 President, Hispanic Serving Health Professions Schools
- 2014 Contributor NAS Gulf Research Program expert panel workshops
- 2013 Member, US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Scientific Advisory Board
- 2013 Woman of the Year, City of New Orleans
- 2012 Member, C-Change Board of Directors
- 2010 Chair, Diversity Committee, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- 2010 Member Planning Committee and presenter, IOM workshops on the Gulf of Mexico Oil spill
- 2010 Chair, Science Board, American Public health Association
- 2009 Commencement address University of Suriname: "Public health in Suriname-Tracing the Past, Living the Present, Painting the Future"
- 2008 Association of American Medical Colleges: senior advisor on panel establishing national competencies for Schools of Medicine and Public Health on cultural competence
- 2008 Herbert Nickens Award for promoting research in cancer prevention benefiting minorities and the medically underserved.
- 2005-present Freeport McMoRan Chair of Environmental Policy
- 2005 CDC Special Act Award
- MPH, Johns Hopkins University, School of Hygiene & Public Health, Environmental Health Sciences
- MD, University of Suriname (formerly Dutch Guyana)
View Dr. Lichtveld's publications at her NCBI profile page.
Level of Instruction:
[View all EHS faculty]