Patient flow; application of quantitative decision models and financial analysis to health systems resource allocation; clinical decision analysis and cost-effectiveness analysis
- PhD, management science (finance minor), Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- MS, industrial engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
- MPH, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- BS, mathematics, University of Miami, Miami, Florida
- Outstanding Faculty Member, Executive Doctor of Science 2009 Cohort, Health Systems Management
- Sarasota Memorial Health Care System Team Quality Award: Most Improvement Achieved in an Administrative/Non-Clinical Performance Improvement Project, 2008
- Best faculty member (for several cohorts), Tulane University, Executive Masters in Medical Management program
- Faculty Honor Roll, Tulane University School of Business
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honorary
- Delta Omega, Public Health Honorary
- U. S. Public Health Service Trainee
- Cum Laude Graduate
- Pi Mu Epsilon, Mathematics Honorary
- Panhellenic Scholar
- Tulane Scholars and Fellows
Selected Publications, Papers, and Posters:
View Dr. Steinberg's publications at her NCBI profile page.
Dr. Steinberg has worked as a management consultant on a wide range of hospital system process, nurse productivity and information system projects. She has taught internationally for Tulane in the Executive Master's of Medical Management Program both in Taiwan (for Taiwanese military physicians) and with INCAE (for Central American physicians) in Costa Rica as well as in Tulane's MPH Program for the Show Chwan Health Care System. Her teaching has been in the areas of quantitative decision models, management science, decision analysis, financial management of health institutions, information technology, management information systems, computer modeling and principles of health systems administration and management.
Her current research efforts are in the areas of improving patient flow, decision support systems, and cost effectiveness analysis.
Level of Instruction:
[ View all Global Health Management and Policy Faculty ]