Financial Aid and Opportunities for Peace Corps Programs Students
Being a part of the Tulane Peace Corps Program has many benefits, including financial rewards, career benefits, and much more.
- Dean's Grant: Master's International applicants and Returned Peace Corps Volunteers may apply for merit-based Dean's Grants worth up to $5000 in the last semester of academic coursework.Download a grant application now.
- LAPCA: Free one-year membership to Louisiana Peace Corps Association (LAPCA) after completion of Peace Corps service
- Rosetta Stone: Language learning software from the for Spanish and French are available all Peace Corps Programs students
Peace Corps Service
- Student Loans: some are eligible for deferment and some for partial cancellation
- Transition Funds: receive $7,425 (pre-tax after you complete your 27 months of service)
- Free Travel: expenses for travel to and from your country of service are paid for by the Peace Corps
- Living Allowance: a monthly stipend to cover living and housing expenses
- Vacation: earn two vacation days per month of service
- Medical and Dental: receive complete medical and dental care while serving
- Health Insurance: an affordable plan is available for up to 18 months following service
- No Fee: unlike other international volunteer programs, there is no fee to participate in the Peace Corps
Visit the Peace Corps Website for more information about Financial Benefits and Loans and Medical and Dental Benefits
- Training provided by Peace Corps includes instruction in foreign language, technical skills, and cross-cultural understanding
- Public Health and Fieldwork Experience to help in career advancement and job-seeking upon return to the United States
Visit the Peace Corps Website for more information about Professional Benefits
- Graduate School Assistance: Should MI students ever want to return to school for an additional graduate degree, upon completion of service, Peace Corps Volunteers are eligible for life to apply for the Fellows/USA program, which offers RPCVs scholarships or reduced tuition, stipends, and internships at more than 50 participating campuses in a variety of subject areas
Visit the Peace Corps Website for more information about Grad School Benefits.
Forms for Current Master's International Students: