Revised May 2008
- Requesting official interpretation or clarification of university policies.
- Discussing and expressing its views on matters of overall staff welfare.
- Recommending modifications of university policy.
- Suggesting staff employee representation on any appropriate university committee.
- Seeking staff employee representation on an appropriate university committee.
- Being a productive voice to further the aims of the university through improved relations among all staff employees and between all staff employees and the university administration.
- Fostering internal partnerships and external relations between staff employees, faculty, students, the greater New Orleans community and other Tulane publics.
In summary, the role of the council is to inform the administration of the views of staff employees on a wide range of topics affecting overall staff welfare or university operations.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 504-865-4000 firstname.lastname@example.org