INTERNAL MEDICINE ELECTIVES -Medical Research Elective
This elective is for students who have an interest in research or scholarly activity. Research may be in the basic sciences, clinical, or education, but should pertain to Internal Medicine. It is the responsibility of the student to find a primary investigator and project.
Maximum number of students: No Maximum
Timeframe: 2 or 4 weeks
Prerequisite: Completion of the IM clerkship with a passing grade AND
- A 200-300 word proposal of research project, including name of primary investigator AND
- Written approval from Dr. Miller or Dr. Chakraborti PRIOR TO THE ELECTIVE. Retrospective credit will not be given.
Student Affairs has the form needed to complete for approval.
Available Dates (2012/2013):
- May 7th – June 1st
- June 4th – June 29th
- July 2nd – July 27th
- July 30th – August 24th
- August 27th – September 21st
- September 24th – October 19th
- October 22nd- November 16th
- November 26th – December 21st
- January 7th – February 1st
- February 4th – March 1st
- March 4th – March 28th
- April 8th – May 3rd