Tulane Obstetrics and Gynecology Alumni Society
The Society is an association of current and alumni residents, fellows, faculty, and others dedicated to the enhancement of the academic standards of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Tulane. The Society provides financial support to the department for the benefit of resident education, including the purchase of equipment for resident use, and cash awards to graduating senior residents for outstanding research. Other educational activities of the Society include sponsorship of guest lecturers and travel support for residents to present original data at national meetings. The primary philanthropic mission of the Society was realized when an academic chair in gynecologic surgery was endowed at Tulane University Health Sciences Center, in the name of Conrad G. Collins, M.D., former chairman of the department and a pioneer in defining obstetrics and gynecology as a recognized surgical discipline.
The Society also sponsors a continuing medical education program in conjunction with its annual meeting. Nationally and internationally known educators, researchers, and clinicians in the field of obstetrics and gynecology, including Tulane faculty members, have been participants in the program. This forum is used to assist the department in post-graduate education, facilitate the exchange of ideas concerning residency training, and promote the continued development of obstetrics and gynecology.
The Society and its endeavors depend upon a commitment from the membership which includes payment of dues and active participation in the annual meeting. Other donations are encouraged and may be designated for specific purposes.
For further information on the Tulane Obstetrics and Gynecology Alumni Society please contact:
Phone: (504) 988-2145
The Tulane Obstetrics and Gynecology Alumni Society
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
1430 Tulane Avenue, SL-11
New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112 504-988-5217 email@example.com