Pre-doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology
Required Didactics for All Tracks:
- Psychology Didactic Seminar - This course is a weekly special topic series addressing a broad range of theoretical, clinical, and related issues, including diagnosis, special assessment and therapeutic techniques, supervision, evaluation, and consultation in professional practice.
- Special Topics Seminar in Psychology - This seminar is a weekly series that covers important topics in psychology that apply across contexts, including multiculturalism, diversity, ethics, legal issues, and professional identity development and practice.
- Evidence Based Treatments Seminar: This course covers the theory and practical applications of several evidence based treatments for both children and adults. The course meets weekly and both psychology and psychiatry trainees attend. Trainees are encouraged to present their own cases during the course.
- Internship Process Meeting - A Psychology faculty member facilitates this informal meeting with all psychology interns once per month. interns have the opportunity to reflect on their experiences of the internship and to voice any concerns. If needed, the faculty member will create a plan of action to address concerns.
- Monthly Internship Review Meetings with Training Director.
Required Didactics for Adult Track:
- Psychiatry Grand Rounds - This series is a weekly conference which includes presentation and discussion of particularly interesting and/or highly illustrative clinical cases, and special topics in psychiatry.