a post-baccalaureate program to enhance medical school admission credentials
Dear Prospective Student:
We appreciate your interest in the Anatomy Certification & Leadership Program (ACLP) at Tulane Medical School. This program is designed for students who are in the acceptance range at a US medical school but did not gain admission for lack of some outstanding item in their application.
Anatomy Certification & Leadership Program students will compete directly with our first year medical class. They will participate in the anatomical science classes in every way with our medical students. The ACLP students will go to class, take laboratories, do reviews and take examinations with the medical students.
The program is intended only for enhancement of the medical school admission credentials. ACLP students are NOT graduate students and will receive no graduate credit hours. ACLP students are NOT medical students and will receive no medical school credit hours.
Our experience is that excellent performance in this program will clearly demonstrate to admissions committees that the applicant has what it takes to do very well in medical school and will have a great chance to gain admission. There are no guarantees of admission to any medical school upon completion of this program. We have designed the program to give the ACLP student every opportunity to demonstrate to admission committees his or her suitability for medical school. The Spring course in Neuroscience will complete the series in Anatomy, but the ACLP student will not have a full medical school load during that semester. This will enable the students to do other things during the Spring such as take courses at other schools, work, research, or do self directed academics as desired. Within the last five years approximately 87% of the ACLP students were accepted to Tulane. ACLP students who are subsequently accepted to Tulane will not be required to take any of the courses successfully completed in the program, but tuition paid for ACLP cannot be credited in any part to Tulane Medical School tuition. Upon completion of the program in the Spring, students will be awarded a certificate of completion and upon request an additional letter of certification listing all of the courses taken, the numerical grades received, and the average medical student grade for each course. These will be sent to all specified medical schools as requested by the student.
The required application materials that you will need to submit for review is outlined below. If you have any questions, you may contact our office at 504-988-5255 M-F between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM CST.
The total tuition for the ACLP program for 2017-2018 is $15,500. No fellowships are available.
The following application materials are required of ALL applicants:
- A letter of intent to apply to the program and a statement of purpose, explaining how the program may benefit you. This can be combined into one letter. Please limit your letter to one page.
- A photo copy of your wait list letter from an accredited USA medical school affirming your wait list status. There are NO EXCEPTIONS for this request. This is MANDATORY for all applicants.
- A photo copy of your AMCAS application or DAT application.
- A photo copy of all MCAT scores. You need at least a score of 507 (new scoring scale) or 30 (old scoring scale) on your MCAT in order to apply. You need at least an 18 on your DAT.
- At least three letters of recommendation from academic and/or medical personnel. You may submit letters that were used when applying to Medical School.
- A copy of transcripts to all schools attended. They may be sent to the address listed below.
- Any additional supportive information that may aid in our selective process for example, CV, certificates, etc.
The deadline for receiving the completed applications is May 12, 2017. The deadline will be strictly applied. There is an application fee of $75. A check or money order can be made payable to Tulane Medical/SCB Dept. Sorry we do not accept credit cards. All applicants will receive notice of acceptance, rejection, or alternate status by email once the committee meets to review the files. This time is usually within the first two weeks of June.
We look forward to receiving your application.
***You may send your information by mail, email or fax to the address, email, or fax number below***
Anatomy Certification & Leadership Program
Tulane Medical School
1430 Tulane Ave., Box #8649
New Orleans, LA 70112