A Time Line
3-4 Months Before Visit
- A notification letter arrives with the actual date of the site visit and due date for Program Information Form (PIF)
- Begin preparing PIF.
4-6 Weeks Before Visit
- Site visitor calls to arrange the schedule of the visit. This includes arranging meetings with the program director, faculty, residents, DIO.
- PIF is sent to Office of Graduate Medical Education for review by Dr. Jeffrey G. Wiese.
1 Month -2 Weeks Before Visit
- Mail PIF in accordance with date given in notification letter.
- Dr. Wiese conducts a pre-site visit meeting (embedded link to document).
Day of the RRC Site Visit
- Site visitor meets with program director, program coordinator, key faculty and staff, and residents/fellows.
- Site Visitor’s Report is drafted the day of the visit.
2-8 Months After the Site Visit
- A notification letter is sent informing the program director of the new accreditation status and length of cycle.