Prospective students applying to the Master of Science program must meet the following requirements to be a candidate for admission:
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree before the start of the Fall semester. If you are currently working towards a degree or taking classes, be sure to send us updated transcripts as they become available. Official transcripts from all universities you attended will need to be mailed directly to our department.
- Though we accept students from a variety of majors, a strong science background is highly recommended. Applicants should have successfully completed courses such as Organic Chemistry, Genetics, Molecular/Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, etc.
- Official GRE or MCAT scores must be available to us. GRE scores can be sent to us using Tulane institution code 6178, and the MCAT verification code and AAMC ID number must be entered into the application so that we can verify the scores electronically. We will also accept DAT scores in place of GRE or MCAT scores. If you would like to submit DAT scores, put 0's in under MCAT scores on the application and email your DAT scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with prior academic and/or professional performance. We recommend that at least 2 letters are academic, preferably from science professors.
- A statement of purpose explaining your career goals, background, and relevant experiences.
- International students must submit official TOEFL scores and all application materials must be in English. The minimum TOEFL accepted is 80.
For more information on How to Apply, click here.