Visiting U.S. Students
From LCME Accredited Schools
Thank you for your interest in senior clinical training at Tulane University School of Medicine during your elective time. Tulane is pleased to offer clinical clerkships in the senior year to students of other medical schools, including member schools of the Association of American Medical Colleges and Canadian affiliate members. All information will be accepted through VSAS. The visiting student must be a senior in a four-year curriculum when the clerkship is taken and must have completed the equivalent of Tulane's basic clerkships in internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, and obstetrics and gynecology.
Our Visiting Student Program is now accepting applications through the AAMC VSAS program. You must receive authorizations from your home school in order to use this program. Find basic information about Tulane here.
Please log into VSAS at http://www.aamc.org/vsas to complete and submit a VSAS application for your preferred electives and dates.
Any application materials received outside of VSAS and/or outside of the published catalog year will not be accepted.
Please contact Rachel Bonacorso in the office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
Please read the following information regarding application requirements:
- A completed VSAS application.
Abbreviated Statement of Policies
- Clerkships completed by visiting students do not carry credit within Tulane Medical School; therefore, visiting students are not eligible for the M.D. degree from Tulane University.
- It is the visiting student's responsibility to get their evaluation form from their rotation prior to departure or make appropriate arrangements for their evaluation.
- The visiting student is not to be supported nor compensated by Tulane Medical School funds.
- The visiting student must make his/her own provisions for room and board and parking. You may rent a room and lease parking space from the university if there are openings.
Other policies concerning intramural aspects of clerkships for visiting students are not set forth in this abbreviated statement of policy.
Applications from visiting students are processed after Tulane junior medical students have signed up for their Senior clerkships, which usually begin between the end of April and mid-May.
Visiting students are responsible for their housing and parking expenses and for making their own arrangements.
Parking arrangements at the School must be made in advance. Contact the Tulane Medical Center Parking Services Office (phone: 504-988-5577; fax: 504-988-3795).
We will do our best to accommodate your request and reserve the right to terminate or alter any rotation that is currently in progress. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Bonacorso.