How to Apply for Masters Program
Applicants must submit applications and ALL required documents using Tulane's web-based application site.
- ALL relevant documents need to be uploaded with your application BEFORE clicking submit.
The application system for Fall 2017 will open January 3, 2017. The application deadline is June 30, 2017. Applications are reviewed as they become complete, Students are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible.
A complete application to our One-Year Masters program must include the following:
- Completed application, including statement of purpose. Tulane’s web-based application is here.
- 3 Letters of recommendation: At least 2 most be science-oriented with 1 non-science acceptable. Or, students may use their committee or individual letters for professional schools. (We accept committee letters from all processing centers; Interfolio, University Pre-Health Professional Offices, etc.)
- Official scores of one of the following: GRE (verbal and quantitative), MCAT, DAT or OAT. We will only accept copies of scores for the MCAT
PLEASE NOTE: When reporting your MCAT scores on the online application, enter a “zero” for your letter score. We will record your scores from the copy received. We recognize that the MCAT processing center does not send official copies to universities, so a photocopy is sufficient as official. Please upload the copy with your application before clicking submit. When reporting the NEW version of your MCAT scores enter "zeros" for the breakdown and then enter your total score. We will record your detailed scores from the original copy you uploaded.
- Transcripts will be needed from all previous academic institutions. You can submit unofficial transcripts for consideration, however, an official transcript is required if you are accepted. You can either upload it onto the application website (please see directions on your application) or mail it directly to our department. It is also strongly recommended that students upload a resume or CV which will list all relevant experiences such as research, employment, volunteering, and shadowing.
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
One-Year Masters Program
6400 Freret Street
2000 Percival Stern Hall
New Orleans, Louisiana, 70118
Phone: (504) 865-5618
Fax: (504) 865-6785
Once we have received all the information above, your application will be complete and will be viewed by our admissions committee.
If you have a question, please be sure to read through our frequently asked questions before calling our office. We add new answers to common questions weekly.