Alexander Kurganov, Ph.D.
Phone: (504) 862-3443
Office: Gibson 411
Website: Personal Website
Ph.D., 1997, Mathematics, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
M.S., 1989, Higher Education in Mathematics, Moscow State University, USSR
- 2001: Assistant Professor, Mathematics Department, Tulane University
- 1998 – 2001: Assistant Professor, Mathematics Department, University of Michigan
- 1998: Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Applied and Computational mathematics, Foundation for Research and Technology, Heraklion, Greece
- 1996 – 1997: Tutor, Department of Mathematics, Open University, Israel
- 1994 – 1997: Instructor, School of mathematical Sciences, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- 1996: Postdoctoral Fellow, Mittag-Leffler Institute, The Royal Academy of Sciences, Djursholm, Sweden
- 1992 – 1994: Teaching Assistant, School of Mathematical Sciences, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- 1989 – 1991: Assistant Lecturer, Department of Applied and Computational Mathematics, Odessa Civil Engineering Institute, Odessa, U.S.S.R.
Numerical Methods for Time-Dependent PDEs, Hyperbolic Conservation Laws, Degenerate Parabolic Equations, Numerical Analysis