The Maker Space is located on Engineering Road, in one of the original campus buildings constructed in 1894 and designed by architects Benjamin Morgan Harrod and Paul Andry. It occupies 4100 ft2 of design and construction space. Formerly a centralized machine shop, it offers direct vehicle access, adequate power, high ceilings and compressed air. It includes multiple modern prototyping tools like laser cutters, a 4-axis CNC milling machine, and 3-d printers, along with traditional hand tools and power tools. Access to power is tied to a RFID key card system, and will require completion of safety training. Some tools with high danger potential like the lathe, will only be used with qualified faculty or staff supervision.
School of Science and Engineering, 201 Lindy Boggs Center, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5764 firstname.lastname@example.org