President's Staff Excellence Awards
Nominations are being accepted now through November 18, 2016 for the President's Staff Excellence Awards and the President's Departmental/Team Excellence Award.
The President's Staff Excellence Awards are bestowed every year on the top University staff employees who best represent high achievement in their contributions to the University.
- Staff employees employed 50% or more in a regular benefits-eligible position.
- Must have successfully completed the six month introductory period.
- Has not won the award in the past 5 years.
Nominees should have achieved outstanding success in one or more of the following areas:
- Increased Productivity
The individual's overall performance has increased the productivity of a division, department, or work unit by attempting to exceed expectations and by performing at the very highest levels of quality.
- Cost Savings
The individual's overall performance has developed new and/or improved processes resulting in significant cost savings and improved efficiency. This includes striving to evaluate outcomes in terms of quality, substance, and impact.
- Enhanced Objectives
The individual's contribution has significantly enhanced the University objectives or operational efficiency. This includes continually looking for new and creative ways to resolve issues and challenges.
The individual's performance regularly and consistently exceeds expectations and reflects a high level of service, loyalty, and trustworthiness. The individual communicates openly and demonstrates a high regard for respect and dignity towards others.
Nomination and Selection Process
- The call for nominations is announced annually during the fall semester.
- All staff, faculty, students, and affiliates of Tulane are welcome to submit nominations.
- The nomination form should be thoroughly completed.
- At least one letter of support should be included with specific examples of how the nominated individual's efforts resulted in outstanding achievement in one of the categories listed above.
- Both the completed nomination form and letter(s) of support should be emailed to Will Ferbos, Deputy Chief of Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
- Nominations are reviewed by Workforce Management to verify that eligibility requirements have been met.
- Workforce Management contacts immediate supervisor of the nominated individual to obtain approval for the nomination.
- The Awards Committee reviews nominations and recommends up to ten recipients each year. The committee's recommendations are submitted to the Senior Administration of the University for final approval.
- Recipients are announced during the awards delivery in December.
- Recipients receive the monetary award during the delivery of awards.
- Recipients, their guests, and immediate supervisors are invited to attend a dinner hosted by President Fitts in their honor. During this event, the recipient will be presented with a keepsake award.
All nomination forms are kept in the strictest of confidence. For more information please contact Will Ferbos, Deputy Chief of Staff, at 247-1722 or email@example.com.