Your TA's name__________________
Your data set number______________
Lab F (SXA ANOVA)
A study examined the relation between day-of-the-week and gold-bricking (i.e., receiving payment for time not spent on work). Eight employees were observed during the 420 minute work-day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The number of minutes NOT spent on office tasks was recorded as an index of gold-bricking. In your response to the questions, use the data set assigned to you by the teaching assistant.
1. Identify the independent and dependent variables.
2. State the primary null hypothesis in words and symbols.
3. Analyze these data using the repeated measures technique, which is the proper technique for these data. Present the summary table for your analysis.
4. What conclusions can be drawn from your data?
5. Analyze these data again as if each worker had been examined only on one day of the week. Present the correct summary table for this analysis.
6. Compare the two analyses. Which is the more powerful technique and why?
7. Discuss the problems and advantages of the SxA ANOVA technique.