Your TA's name__________________
Your data set number______________
Lab H (Simple Regression)
A researcher examines the relation between personality and volunteerism. Your data represent scores on a dispositional empathy scale for 12 college students (the predictor variable), as well as the number of hours per year spent volunteering (variable y). In your response to the questions, use the data set assigned to you by the teaching assistant.
1. State the null hypothesis in both words and symbols
2. Compute the Pearson Product Moment Correlation between the variables.
3. Show the ANOVA source table for the regression, including the F-test for significance
4. Show the standard error of the estimate
5. Show the 95% confidence interval around the correlation
6. Compute the regression equation that predicts hours volunteer from empathy.
7. Create a bivariate plot of the data, and draw the regression line from #6.