Position: Post-doctoral fellow/PhD position in statistical genomics and imaging analysis
Organization: Tulane University
Location: New Orleans, USA
Deadline: Open until filled
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD student with a strong background in mathematics and statistics, machine learning and data analysis to join the Multiscale Bioimaging and Bioinformatics Laboratory (http://www2.tulane.edu/~wyp/) at Tulane University, led by Dr. Yu-Ping Wang. Our laboratory is focused on three research themes: fundamental research on multiscale signal/image representation and analysis, multiscale bioimaging analysis from organ and tissue levels to molecular and cellular levels, and bioinformatics in human genomics.
Our current research project involves information extraction and integration from multiscale and multimodality genomic imaging data, with the ultimate goal of bringing biomedical techniques into commercial use. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach and work closely with computational scientists, statisticians, medical geneticists, and industrial engineers at Tulane Medical Center and around the world.
The ideal candidate for this PhD position will have:
(1) A strong background in mathematics, statistics, computer science, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related field
(2) Experience with signal/image processing, data sciences, and/or machine learning
(3) Strong programming skills in Python and MATLAB
(4) Knowledge of biology, genomics, and /or bioinformatics is a plus but not required
(5) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
As a PhD student in our laboratory, you will receive full research support, including free tuition, medical insurance, and a chance to attend academic meetings. You will also have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects, collaborate with top experts in various fields, and contribute to the advancement of biomedical technology. You will have access to state-of-the-art equipment and resources at Tulane University. For more information, please check our lab website http://www2.tulane.edu/~wyp/
If you are interested in joining our laboratory, please send your CV and a brief introduction of yourself to Dr. Yu-Ping Wang at email@example.com while submitting your application for Tulane BME graduate program through the following link:
A post-doctoral/PhD graduate research assistant position is available immediately to work on the development of machine learning and signal processing algorithms with applications to the integration of genomic data with fMRI imaging. The position will be funded by the NIH and the candidate will have a chance to collaborate with people at Tulane School of Sciences and Engineering, School of Public Health and Tropic Medicine and School of Medicine. Tulane is a private university and a member of the 63 prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU). Tulane is always ranked among the top 39th best universities in 2016 by US News Report, providing a unique environment for learning and research. The PhD student will receive up to $27500 support per year with tuition waiver and other benefits. The salary for post-doctoral fellow is negotiable, commensurate with the experiences of the candidate.
(1) A degree in Applied and Computational Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or other related fields;
(2) Programming skills with MATLAB or C;
(3) Experience and knowledge of signal processing, machine learning and statistical analysis;
(4) Knowledge of biology and genomics is desirable but not required.
Yu-Ping Wang, PhD
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
500 Lindy Boggs Bldg. New Orleans, LA 70118
Phone: 504-8655867 (USA)
To apply for the position, please send CV with a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org